Monday, August 18, 2008

LOUISIANA, MISSOURI: AUGUST 17, 2008


Sarah Feldt owns Green Tiger Custom Framing. Using a computer-driven cutting machine, Sarah makes the stencils Clark uses in much of his campaign.

"I met Clark through his family. His dad is an artist. And I actually do some work for him. And, ah, so I met Clark through his dad. About three years ago, I started doing the cut-outs for him.

I went out and looked at his website, and I was looking at some of the pictures. And he was telling me about the website. So I think that’s really cool. Yeah … yeah! It’s a, I’m excited to see that it’s doing something. It’s neat to watch kinda grassroots kinda things take hold, and how people react to it.

How have people reacted to Clark? Or Clark’s campaign? I haven’t heard a whole lot here in town. I know that there’s probably some that don’t quite understand what, why, you know … what it is. I think they’re some people around here probably not with a real good ability to understand Clark’s art. I think they struggle to understand what art is first of all in this area some times …. I’m not sure I understand it.

[Looking at Clark] What the hell are you doing? What’s the point?

See and I didn’t actually think there was, … you had that much of a reason for it. I thought you just kinda liked the design or something.

I claim no responsibility, at all. I wish him the best. And I’m glad to it. I try to support the arts in different ways around town.

I don’t know, … just get out and vote. I mean if I was gonna say anything to anybody I’d say whatever your opinion, express it. Don’t sit back and be a victim."

No comments: